Samir Yitzhak Gadre
I am a 1st year Ph.D. student at Columbia University working remotely from beautiful Seattle. I am interested in embodied and 3D computer vision. I am privileged to be advised by Shuran Song and fortunate to collaborate with Kiana Ehsani.
Before Columbia, I was a software engineer at Microsoft HoloLens. I was on the Object Understanding team, where I was lucky to work with Harpreet Sawhney and Ning Xu on recently released Azure Object Anchors. With their support, I developed a passion for computer vision.
Prior to Microsoft, I was a Computer Science undergrad at Brown University. I was lucky to work with George Konidaris and Stefanie Tellex on robot programming and learning from demonstration.
Google Scholar  |
- [Sept 2020] Joined Shuran Song's group at Columbia. Excited to be a Ph.D. student!
- [July 2020] Promoted to Software Engineer II at Microsoft HoloLens.
- [May 2019] Presented our robot programing mixed reality work at ICRA 2019.
- [Feb 2019] Joined the Object Understanding team at Microsoft HoloLens.
- [Oct 2018] Spoke at the University of Washington robotics colloquium about mixed reality human-robot interaction.
- [May 2018] Graduated from Brown with an Sc.B. in computer science (with honors) and an A.B. in engineering.